Saturday, April 9, 2016

wedding day for Daniel and Jemi

internet connect less that desirable, but I will try
trip yesterday -11 hours spent travelling on a city like bus (no frills) and waiting for the bus to leave.
I had been told it was a 5 hour trip, well I don't know what planet they live on but it was not, part of the issue is waiting for the bus to get loaded, and travelling over dirt roads, no gravel, just dirt underneath and dust +++++++++ blowing from the vehicle ahead doing maybe 20km/hour, the fellow ahead had a white shirt on and at the end it was shaded with red dust, I wash my hand when I arrived and you would have thought I was playing in the dirt from the colour of the water.
I am having great difficulty transferring pics off Ipad so there may not be any until I get home. today's schedule is a  traditional wedding - all I know is that gifts and conversation happens between the families and ???what else and the wedding will be blessed by the church  afterwards, usually it is just family but Gifty  and I have been invited, all of this is happening in the hotel where we are staying (thank goodness as travel is always a struggle)

2 comments:

  1. Wow 11 hrs. travelling 2x+ the usual time. covered in red dust for a bonus! Great you had good lodgings at the end of it, with water to wash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lodging were ok, no linens in the bathroom, no plug in the sink, I did have a/c and a fan, tv had one channel, very limited Internet connection on my modem, stairs all over and no railings, the very good news; it was clean, no bugs and the bed was fairly comfortable
    one has to be careful as to what is really important

    ReplyDelete