Thursday, April 21, 2016

getting a plane ticket

in the past years I could go to the airport in Sunyani (15 minutes away) buy a ticket to fly from Sunyani to Accra. Remember ... when I arrived this time, no plane to Sunyani and I took the VIP bus (a 8 hour ride), so I was looking at the carriers web site which says they are still flying but not every day, go to airport and the guard to access the airport says NO PLANES because of the weather ???? how a sunny day effects flying I do not know so look on web for any plane flying from Kumasi to Accra (2 hour drive from the house to Kumasi) on the web there is an option to order a ticket and one gets a reply on email, last week and this week I filed out the required fields but did not get a response

Today looked for a travel agent to get assurance and a ticket that next Wednesday I will get from Kumasi to Accra, find a Travel Agent (Adu Taxi can find anything) so I tell my story, she advises to drive to Kumasi and buy a ticket but I do not want to drive 2 hours each way to buy a ticket, I think she took pity on me, for what ever reason she called her office in Kumasi and found flights that cost 400 and 500 Gc (rate is 3 Cedis /Canadian dollar) the price on the internet is 180 gc Well I do not want to drive to Accra (9-10 hours on the bus) I pay my money plus 20gc for telephone transfer of the money, when I ask for a receipt ???? big shock as they do not give receipts, after some discussion and Adu reassuring me that this is not a problem I say to him IF I DO NOT GET A TICKET HE WILL REIMBURSE MY MONEY  and he laughs, I mean it but I do not know what he really thinks.
Leave my money and request and get to the car and there is a BOOT  on the front wheel (it is a metal clamp around the wheel so the car can not be driven) It seems he parked in a no parking zone in front of a bank door and the manager was very angry ...  now lots of back and forth between Adu and the ticket issuer, bottom line 100GC to take the boot off or the car is towed, I need to get on with my day so I pay the 100, get a receipt and we go, Adu is so angry but I can continue on my errands.

The good news is that I  got a text that I now have a ticket on a flight at 3pm next Wednesday from Kumasi to Accra   YES !!!!!!!    
SUCCESS IN THE MIDST OF MINIMAL ORGANIZATION AND SYSTEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment