Thursday, April 7, 2016

plastic lacing from CAMP 101

weaving plastic lacing is a staple at most day and residential camps for kids in Canada but here camps do not exist, actually vacations are not a part of life for most people 
SO I took plastic lacing to the Skill Centre today and showed then how to make the square pattern, (it has been a while for me since I had done it but like riding a bike....you can figure it out) one caught on and was showing the others after I finished, so I sat back at that point and watched. I had some small and larger beads that I took along as well,  they use beads here to decorate thong-type shoes and make jewelry. this summer when I return I will be looking for plastic lacing, any colour and beads, the little ones to decorate the shoes and make jewelry any colour will do, the more varied the better, if you see any let me know please so I can buy 

you see more than one pair of hands as they figured out that if one person held one colour and the second wove  with the second colour they could maintain the tightness - to do by oneself it take practice and today was only Day I, I have no doubt that a few of them will get quite proficient, they catch on very quickly, they are smart women!


No comments:

Post a Comment