Saturday, February 16, 2013

LIFE PROFESSION OF VOWS

Sr. Sabina Pinamang Boffah of the Order of the Holy Paraclete professed life vows today at the cathedral. the 10am service started at 1040 and ended at 130pm. She said her vows to the bishop and she was given girdle (black rope belt) with three knots reminding her of the 3 vows of her Order:Poverty, celibacy and obedience. She also was given ring as a symbol of life long fidelity to God. The Rev. Canon Leonard Abbah from the Order of the Holy Cross in Toronto was the preacher. reminded me of ordination. I sat with the Prioress Sr. Dorothy Stella who had come from the Mother House in Whitby UK for the occasion. If anyone can explain if there is a way to lighten pictures I could use it as you see above

6 comments:

  1. Send me the ones you want lightened and I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightened and emailed back. Hope they are better. I'm no expert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I redid the picutre and to me, they show better thanks :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day brings a new exprience. I wonder if the 3 knots alo represent the Trinity?
    D

    ReplyDelete