Tuesday, February 5, 2013

let off the hook

After having time trying to see how 'celebrating the eucharist' at the cathedral ufolds and thinking about how I have only seen it 3x, I asked the bishop today that I not be the celebrant yet, I told him I would not be good. The trouble for me is that the service does not follow order in the prayer book,some of the prayers are different than what is printed so making an attempt to do a decent job is not something I can accomplish by Sunday, so someone else will celebrate and I will preach. I think this is the best for the parishioners and me too. I hope, with time a system unfolds and makes sense to me.

4 comments:

  1. You need a transcript of a service, so that you can follow it rather than the official prayer book? Maybe record a service?

    (I was away for the weekend, still catching up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what happens actually changes with each celebrant. I will go through the printout that I have on Sunday and pay more attention instead of watching the dancing and singing.
    I have put in print a service from Zambia that has been accepted, I offered to start using it at the early service which is supposed to be all English as it is straight forward and make sense...at least to me

    ReplyDelete