Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mental health

over the years I found that mental health was a topic that was not discussed here as the world of spirits etc is still believed by many. the Methodist Church and the CHAG Christian Health Association of Ghana put on a workshop as an introduction to Mental Health, good data, well presented, by a doctor who has an interest in mental health, It was scheduled to start 10m prompt so by 1045 we were started, After a couple of short breaks, he completed his presentation at 2pm. There was lunch and money for travelling to be distributed as part of the program, . So there were 1500 present and they started by calling each person one by one to pick up lunch and get travel money, then the method changed and we were handed out lunch while in our seats but they continued one by one calling for folks to pick up travel money. remember 1500 names, I left at 430pm with a couple of others and got a taxi back home, When I commented to the priest beside me that folks were very tolerant of this very slow distribution system which would likely not be the same back in Canada, his answer blew me away.
poverty makes people very obedient,  now does not that just make you sit back and think! I have to presume the distribution went on for hours after I left. still the workshop part was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment