Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I brought some Indian food recipes with me

I just love the spinach dish in an Indian restaurant so looked up recipe and brought the spices with me as I have no idea if they  are sold in the mkt.
today was the day when I was going to make it. I have yet to find spinach here, not in this mkt any way. saw these big green leaves, same colour as spinach but much bigger, 4 or 5 times the size of my hand, do not know the name of it
- broke up the leaves into small pieces taking out the very thick veins, looks like spinach eh!
then follow the recipe, fry onions, add spices add green leaves cooked and voila, 
at the restaurant one eats it with naan bread but none here so ate it with crackers,
 a little different taste but very good, so do not need spinach anyway
Adu tells me that it is really good for the blood (it is full of iron to build up the hemoglobin) he is one cabbie who is very knowledgeable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment