Sunday, November 3, 2013

I'm confused

Sunday: service usually 730 and 9 am so I arrive at 730 and no one is there. I find Atta, my next door neighbour who is a server and he tells me the service is 8 because it is Harvest Sunday (Fund raising) so go home, read my latest emails go back for 8, starts about 830. the format is the normal service up to after the sermon at 1045, the Harvest Program begins. many appeals, a variety ways of enticing donations and the Eucharist service continues at noon. At this time we had an lunar eclipse happening so people were coming in and out to see it progress. Christ Church Roches Point, one of the churches where I was this past summer sent some altar linens so they were added to the donations in the Harvest. Pictures is the Dean who received the gift and I. The grand total for today was almost 52,000 Ghana Cedis ($26,000.00)keep in mind I paid chicken- 3 Ghana Cedis/Kilo in market this wk There is merit I see of direct fund raising which does not seem like the Canadian Anglican way.

No comments:

Post a Comment