Friday, March 1, 2013

another day under the mango tree

Thursday another big noisy rain and the hyrdo out for a good part of the day got up and my phone said it as 10 whn it was really 8 so I was up and dressed and out os had the opportunty to go to the market with Felicia, bought chicken, ground nuts paste to make soup, carrots (the first time I have seen carrots) came home and made a big pot of chicken stew with rice etc and ate the whole thing, it was very tasty, did not eat for the rest of the day today, up and dressed by 8 and had visitor by 820, it was Joseph who accompanied me last time so we caught up on news, I asked all the dumb questions about the funeral tomorrow , it should be quite an event. I guess living here many more folks can just drop in, I guess I have to get up and dressed now that I realize visitors come at all hours of the day, well preaching again sunday, I think I am the defaut when the designate has something else to do, they need to translate it though we are leaving for the funeral at 6am (please note my most favourite time of the day). the trip is 3 hours, the funeral is 3 hours and drive home 3 hours whole day will be gone

3 comments:

  1. orange carrots, or red carrots like india?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6am!!! How many cups of coffee does that take. My understanding was that 6am is a theoretical concept with no basis in reality.

    ReplyDelete