Wednesday, January 29, 2020

IMMIGRATION and I ...a new adventure chapter has begun

I get a date stamp on my visa when I enter the country here. It needs to be renewed in 60 days. Remember years ago I was picked up by Immigration for I think ..not saying hello to an Immigration officer on the street. So my interaction with Immigration is as minimal as possible. I have been here 2 months and my date stamp needs renewing. Last Monday I go to Immigration in this town of Wiawso. I could tell very quickly they had never done this before and did not know how to proceed. After several phone calls, the officer was taking a picture of my passport and visa with his personnel phone (I complained that it was inappropriate for my info to be on his personal phone. which was met with 'don't worry' I responded that I am lodging a complaint that it is wrong). Back and forth and finally I folded my papers and money and stated 'I need to speak to the Bishop about this" They kept saying it all needed to go to Kumasi SO Friday I go to Kumasi and hopefully it can be done in one day. OHHHH Immigration  is the pain of my existence this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment