Sunday, March 29, 2015

PALM SUNDAY 2015

started off well, no hydro so generator is working overtime for 9am service, it is now 620pm and still no hydro or water anyway life goes on
Service was 5 and half hours, dancing singing, walking up and down the street with trumpets and drums, diocesan choir (new since last year and they are good)singing several pieces, 2 or 3 offertories ( I forgot my purse ) Blessing of the new choir, blessing of the wardens and council elected last week at Vestry,,
, service started at 9, sermon at 1015. the Great Thanksgiving started at 1pm, home by245pm
I had layers and layers of clothes on
my new outfit, cassock and surplice and I thought a red stole to top it off, BUT since everyone (about 85% of everyone there, had clothing made out of Diocesan Cloth it was decided that all priests need to wear chasubles made out of diocesan cloth with matching stole omg I was warned it would be a long service so I came with my lunch bag, water, nuts and cookies and a towel to mop up the perspiration. Lordy Lordy no fans as we are using the generator for the sound system, Lordy Lordy it was warm, everyone were mopping their brows
I took some video as well as pictures and I tries to tape some of the singing so here goes to see whether I get it on the blog.........  well sending video from my phone to my computer  is taking a while ...like hours so I will can that for the moment
bishop blessing palms with incense
 
walking in front of the dean with my yellow terry cloth wipe cloth  tight in my hand, I don't go any where without it
Bishop , chaplain and curate waiting to knock on the west door to come in
you can look up the background on that if you want
The Diocesan choir et all
 
Mother Ben David and I after 5 and half hours of church (she is my contact for the school in Berekum, I understand that it will be named after her late husband who was the first priest at St. Peter's in Berekum               
outfit looks great eh!!!
I took my cassock etc off after the service and folks were very pleased
that I too, had worn Diocesan cloth
Its now near 10pm Hydro and water back after a 12 hour gap, fan is working well,  now I am charging phone etc. in preparation for the next time   lol
Given the water is back on I am taking the shower I wanted to when I got home from church but could not

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your dress from diocesian cloth looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fantastic. You are good to be able to take heat. I missed church due to sciatca. Improving but still on pain meds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit looks fantastic! I would love to hear the choir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress report
    I have the video and a choir clip from my phone to the computer but I cant remember how I transferred the first video, so I will keep trying

    ReplyDelete