Sunday, December 15, 2019

Introduced at the cathedral

The Anglican Cathedral of Ascension, Diocese of
Wiawso is still in the building stage. Worship takes place every week but scaffolding sits at the front near the altar. It's design is very interesting as they are using wood tongue and groove to cover the sanctuary walls and all the support posts. it is quite attractive. Windows have both blue and green coloured glass in their design. The grounds have yet to be addressed so it is quite rough in the terrain still. .   Today I was introduced as I am assigned to be part of the staff at the cathedral. They were very warm and welcoming. I find that the older women are the ones who hold my hand and just smile (I like to think that they are seeing that women now have taken a step forward). It is quite universal where ever I have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment