Tuesday, March 19, 2019

new skill - CORKING

remember corking... those of my vintage will remember, mine was usually from an empty thread spool (they used to be made of wood) and my father would put 4 penny nails on one end and then with wool and a crochet hook I was off to the races. Philamina wants to make round rope belt (called girdle for priests) could crochet it but corking seem easier so I had carpenter Moses make a few gismoes (don' know name or spelling) and today a few students started. They were very successful so now just need to get a black cord, wool, thread what ever is around to see if the girdles can be produced as she wants to sell them in the Centre's shop  here at the cathedral.I am really glad I have been into crafts all through the years as has come in handy here in solving craft situations.


1 comment:

  1. Yes a great reuse for wooden spools.
    Now the frame is bigger so you can make toques.

    ReplyDelete