Saturday, December 12, 2015

a funny thing happened on the way to the store

When passing the cathedral I saw a group had a session inside so being nosy I went to the reception desk outside and asked what was going on - it was a workshop for teachers to empower kids, but I noticed piles of pens and notepads and info papers on the desk and the session had been going for a while, NOT MANY ATTENDED says I, no she said we went to all the churches but only a handful attended, she said they were a new event planner and visited all the churches but had poor attendance, and the fee included lunch,  me having worked in communities for a long time I asked some procedural questions about their methodology to get attendees.  the long and the short of it was, both Jacqueline and her husband Percy will call in the new year and we will sit down to talk about 'how to sell a program" I would think it would be useful and needed but folks need to identify their own needs before they would use this workshop, anyway fun, she kept saying but we are new at this and I said, ok but if you want your company to be successful there are some proven strategies that will help that goal,  .. Percy and I met and they will call in January to have a discussion -  funny who you meet on the way to the store

2 comments: