Saturday, January 26, 2013

I SURVIVED THE ORDINATION

Only 5 1/2 hours, start time was 9am, really started near to 10, Chancellor and registrar fo the diocese wondering why so late, my answer not so helpful...well its Africa (both these men are judges so I am sure their courts start on time)ordination process in carrying a cross, effective symbolism, processions,pomp, circumstance abounded, a little different order than ours as the ordination takes place before the gospel and sermon, my concern ... was I going to last till then to preach .. went wthout a hitch, not one cough, then it was translate by a priest who had a script, I actually step outside when the incense came out to start the eucharist,kept the coughing to a minimum lots of parading en mass, prayers en mass at the front by the bishop, by the new priest, every clergy in the building was recognized at the end befoe the recessional, all and all a grand service!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad it went well, and you survived. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well! Did you see Hannah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah was not there are she had her leg amputated, she has diabetes and I guess things went bad, I tried to call her yesterday but had the number incorrect,
    I have the correct one now and will try tomorrow after church, she still is the only woman in this diocese, but I challanged the bishop in the ordination service that I would raise funds for his next woman candidate as well, time will tell if he will call me on that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE AND AN HONOUR TO BE PART OF
      D

      Delete
  4. the ordinants were very sweet and humble, their wive and families were all blessed at the end, quite a site

    ReplyDelete