Monday, February 3, 2020

the sounds at the house

living in the large city one lives in a house maybe 25 feet or more from the road, or in a apartment high in the sky, when one hears, horns, sirens, loud music, people yelling, kids playing, dogs barking
living in s small town with the road 1 foot from the windows one hears roosters calling back and forth, goats baaing to one another, chickens clucking, kids playing, individuals walking- by talking on the phone, radios blasting from a car going by the window.
I find it amazing that I can tune out the outside noise, the problem is that I end up not hear knocking on the door so often I get a phone call from someone standing at the door ...   ooopsy 
I have bought a door bell and am waiting for it to be installed
 stalls perched on the edge of the road, no sidewalk, if there is a ditch it is an open culvert

 dean's and my house, no front lawn as the dirt road goes right up to the house

No comments:

Post a Comment