Monday, April 2, 2018

Award Night

trip back and forth on the bus for 7 1/2 hours is a challenge I would think it is seconded by climbing Mount Everest  lol
One was greeted at the hotel with drumming and dancing.
Supporters were Henry, Sally and Eramus

It was hosted by the NGO ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES AND HOPE DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION, a Canadian/Ghanaian organization that supports women and children to gain self esteem to enable meaningful productive lives.

The evening started at African 6 pm (715), speeches, entertainment, dinner, and then the Awards were given out: great works by everyone were recognized. it was the first Award dinner in Ghana, up until now they have been held in Toronto for the past 14 years. Founder is Anna Aidoo is employed at the Toronto Ghanaian Consulate and lives with her family in Toronto and Ghana.
ANNA
There had been a misprint in my bio that I was a priest in the Roman Catholic Church so I started my thank you remarks with the correction that the Roman Catholic Church have not discovered girls for priest and I am an Anglican Priest.
this is why there is such laughter in the following picture.

Anna made it a requirement for all recipients had to dance up and down to receive their Award with everyone's guests supporting the recipient  on stage.
Dancing... I was into it as you can tell by my face.
Then the formal pics.


She is 89 years, and put all of us to shame with her dancing up and down. quite cheeky with a twinkle in her eyes. She received a Lifetime Achievement Award

No comments:

Post a Comment