Friday, March 7, 2014

a Canon in Ghana

I needed a new alb as the one I have been wearing I got when I was ordained and it somewhat falling apart SO I went to robe maker in Kumasi and ordered the whole deal  for a Canon here.
Well I never thought I would dress like this     so here goes. All the red bits denotes Canon.
white cassock, cooler than black
Black belt (cincture) with red fringe
lace surplice, cooler than cotton

beretta., never in a million years could I have dreamt to own one
 
 
TA TA



 
 
AND
I got a new outfit for Easter season, dark because Jesus died (here when one attends funerals you wear black/red cloth) and one wears white on Easter Day
 








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a lot of fun! You're going to need new luggage to bring home all of your new clothes. Speaking of which, when do you return here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, life is good. Everyone is very generous and kind even when I commit social gaffs, 'she from Canada what can you expect' is their comment.
    Leave here the Tuesday after Easter and get home the next day.
    I sure hope everyone has put their efforts in getting the snow and the cold weather a thing of the past or I will freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Betty .... I remember a time when I had to beat you into wearing a clergy shirt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct, the first one was the most shocking, amazing what time will do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - great duds. You'll look smashing when you wear your new cassock and beretta back here. Nice dress too. Do you have someone sew you a dress or do you buy it "off the rack" already manufactured?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy
    most clothes are made to measure, a small piece of the market is 'off the rack', a very large 'use' clothing businessn everywhere, in Sunyani there are many fabric shops in the market and on the street, very few 'ready made shops'

    ReplyDelete