Wednesday, March 19, 2014

LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

my visa ends this weekend, I had asked for an application when I renewed 3 months ago so I felt very proud that I had this process down pat; I take application, letter from bishop validating my existence here, a copy of my flight ticket to get back to Canada, a passport sized photo, my passport and 50 Ghana cedis for a visa for one more  month.  I actually was served by the boss in the office as  he was asking how the bishop is as he knows him. Then I was off to run errands, to the drum maker, the carpenter, the grocery store and get gas. SO my phone rings maybe 30 minutes later Sr. Mavis who is at the cathedral, telling me that there is an immigration officer with her saying I did not fill out the application form  ????????? WHAT  so I returned to talk with him. Indeed he did have a blank application, same as the one I gave in at the office.SO I drive him to the Immigration Office, sit beside the same officer who I had given my papers to. I nosed  through the papers on his desk looking for my application, NOT TO BE SEEN, so filled out another, signed the bottom and I still pick my passport up next Wednesday with it all done, Maybe the 'not me 'ghost took it and put it in his/her pocket(???do ghosts have pockets???)
WHERE HAS THE APPLICATION GONE, LONG TIME LOOKING....    LOL

2 comments:

  1. At least that's better than having them stop you on the street and demand your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes the street episode was great for a story but now I just deal with them in the office and hopefully that is enough

    ReplyDelete