Thursday, April 18, 2013

a drum

I went to the market with Nat, visited 3 locations and got a drum, in my travels I met the craftsman who made the one I purchased . He says it takes 3 days to hollow out the trunk and craft the drum. To put this work I perspective, the finished drum costs 50 Ghana Cedis = 25 Canadian dollars or 3 days work. I did not haggle the price. Pic of the tool used to hollow the trunk, it is a blade on the end of a long stick and he works it like a scraper getting ice off the sidewalk and pic of drum, the third pic is seeing it's height relative to the sofa

4 comments:

  1. are you going to get some lessons on how to play it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is pretty! Going to be interesting to transport home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's quite wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems as though this is my carry on luggage

    ReplyDelete