Thursday, January 7, 2016

typewriters, remember what they are

WE have a funding proposal form that needs to be filled out right on the form which is hard to do with a computer, I was going to write the info but writing was terrible and not enough space, I saw last week a fellow sitting on the sidewalk with a typewriter on the table in front of him, looking ready to serve any one, so I went yesterday and asked if I could use the typewriter, no problem so today back to fill the form, WELL it was an experience, ribbon not much ink on it, keys sticking, no @ key at all, space bar sticking on a regular basis, took me for ever, SO it is done but I will include a copy from the computer as I am sure they will find it very difficult to read the original application form.  All the time I was there folks coming up and asking me or the man in charge all sorts of questions, it was very busy and I was surprised, so I guess there is a need that I could not have imagined. Smart imaginative person who set it up. I asked the price to use the typewriter, he laughed and said ..how much will you give me, so he got all my ones and two  Ghana Cedis bills and change in my purse, have no idea whether it was enough but he did let me walk away so I guess it was.
Thank goodness for computers!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment