Monday, January 11, 2016

Immigration saga continued

Bishop wearing his cassock, me with clerical shirt on, go to Immigration, the usual office, regular officer  is there along with the supervisor who is friends with the bishop, some fumbling to find my passport, regular officer leads us into another office where the Commandant I presume, is sitting behind a big desk, he begins .. that anyone who works in Ghana whether paid or not, requires a work permit  (huh, I think) it is the law and the law does not discriminated for ignorance of the law and there will be a fine of 5,000 GC ( over $1,800 Canadian)  I think,,, I will go back to Canada before I will pay that fine, Bishop says ..this is our first time of being in this office, we did not know, she is a missionary, and we don't have that kind of money. Discussion takes place and the fine will be forgiven, while we are being shown out, the Commandant admits to being baptized an Anglican, Bishop say...we will see you soon then, I pray for the commandant and bishop blesses him and we are on our way. I ask .. so what do I do when I return, ..just come to the office.
The  supervisor while walking to the car, assures me that my passport will be processed and he will have it delivered to the cathedral by Wednesday. I ask him ..what happens when I return next time... just come to the office when I arrive in Sunyani and things will be ok   
WHAT WAS HAPPENING HERE ... ????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment