Monday, November 9, 2015

banking in the outdoors

I was walking back from shopping, stopped to buy apples and there was a woman who I thought was a traffic ticket person, began to chat and I asked her what she was doing, she was collecting money from the woman whose stall were in front of, I immediately thought it was a rental fee or a fine for squatting but the emblem on her shirt was from a bank, after several starts I figured out that she was collecting deposits from the stall owners to put in a savings account as she would go back to the bank and make the deposits - one way a bank is going after patrons so the patron could have a savings account. I have to guess that having a bank account and saving money is still a new concept here as many folks just eke out enough money for day to day living
I also bought some beads (cant remember her name but will get it next time) 
maybe I could bring some back with me - nice eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment