Monday, February 17, 2014

great outcomes

meeting between women's prison staff, Sr. Mavis OHP, and myself to explore ministry possibilities for the prison, no conclusions but a great  possibility of setting a learning centre to learn hairdressing


In the spring I included pictures of mats that were made in the prison, these were the ones on view today, the one in front is the flag of Ghana( the green, yellow and red with a black star), I have ordered a few and one will be the design of the Canadian Flag....neat eh!!!






 so ....... on with my day. ok remember my phone fell in a pail of water a couple of weeks ago, the repair lasted only for 2 days and then the off/on mechanism had no control ...off/on when talking on the phone, in the middle of the night, in the middle of a meeting SO went back to repair man as I am trying to avoid buying a new phone (my theory was the off/on switch got damage in the water dunk) well the switch was replaced and voila !!!!!!! back in full working order, when I asked the cost, he said,   just give me what you think but things here are much less expensive than Canada and I told him that, I held out 30 Ghana Cedis ($15.00) as to replace this phone it would be 200 GC ($100.00) he took the 10 and left the 20, the repair cost me $5.00 Canadian, then we had a long conversation about Ghana/ Canada education & other stuff..... nice guy,
ALSO TODAY a month or so ago I wrote about Gifty trying to set up a workshop for the disabled as there are no resources here at all nor is there any Accessibility thoughts about as being ingrained in buildings or ways things are done.  She got a new Industrial sewing machine so here it and she is very happy with her new toy

2 comments:

  1. wow , so many irons in the fire, so many you touch.
    DR

    ReplyDelete
  2. opportunities abound, I have no idea about the blue underlines, magic I guess lol

    ReplyDelete