Thursday, June 24, 2010

Temple Mount, Gold Dome Mosque




Long hard day of walking and seeing. Pools of Bethesda, the Gold Dome Mosque, me (in the green shirt) touching the Wailing Wall, the steps of the temple where Simeon waited. There are no words for what it feels like to hear the scripture read and know that you are here in that place. The faithful millions who have walked these ways has worn away the stones and saturated the places with their hope. I am trying to figure out how to talk about it when I get home.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here i wasn't commenting because i don't want google calling me to set up an account!! tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think that you have to join anything as Rosemary set it to be open, which I think means that anyone in the world can look at the blog, nothing is secret anyway so that works for me.
    Just got back from Bethlehem and the birth place of John the Baptist. We keep going everyday to get everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we set it up to accept anonymous comments.

    You seem to be finding the high and low sides of the Holy Land, that wall looks really grim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rosemary, your cat icon looks like noah (mom's cat)! - tanya (noah's cat sitter, among other titles...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture is virtually identical to Zenith, a sweet silver tabby who was more fur than cat. She was a very special cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad everyone is getting
    to know each other on through the blog, I see the blog has many purposes, good

    ReplyDelete
  8. noah is definitely more cat than fur!! here's felony (again)...t

    ReplyDelete