Sunday, February 3, 2019

Only in Ghana

ss Sunday afternoon, laying around reading, oh thought I would defrost some chicken, fry some and make the rest into stew, got all the bits and spices ready, heating the oil to fry the chix and the hydro goes off, oh well had cheese and bread instead for supper. After a couple of hours, chatting outside, saying hello to Michelle who still thinks I am a ghost so I don’t get too close or she starts to cry,  lights back on. Back to frying chix, start the stew in the crock pot, go to wash fry pan, dam it now the water is off, so I put my two pails outside as I am not to fetch water, too old or being a canon or ?..not showing me respect, anyway they do not show me how to get water from the poly tank, finished stew, eat some, go looking for pails and they are gone, asking, looking, find them and Atta goes for water, I show him the new one way valve that I had brought from Canada to stop a repeat of 3 inches of water from the septic tank that backed up in the shower stall Friday evening with a stench.. well you know just outside the bedroom,
Friday the water did drain away leaving black sludge on the shower floor and because the pails, the dishdrainer etc had been floating in the septic backup. I became quite ocd to clean everything within an inch of its life with bleach, Dean came about 10 pm to say if the stench was too bad for me but I had the bleach treatment done so the everything smelled real clean, now you know the reason for the one way valve. I had a problem a couple of years ago and plumber, Dominic said there were no one way valves in Ghana so I brought a couple the next time, I promised him if he installed for free I would give him one,, a fair trade so he said, so today he took a new one home for his house, I will bring a couple more for him next year, I keep the tradespeople here very happy.

1 comment: