Thursday, January 25, 2024

A treat called Sweet Kenkey

 Kenkey: I have told the story many times. The first trip to Ghana in 1994 I  was serv ed supper and began to eat it with a spoon while the family eat with their right hand. It was the grosses food I had ever eaten. Trying to figure out what it was, I was told it was corn and my response was ' how come it does not taste like corn'. Kenkey is fermented white corn. So for the next 20 years I declared kenkey on the no eat list.. 

Last year I was introduced to Sweet Kenkey. I was very hesitant to try it given my long ago experience but I did . I was quite pleasant and reminded my of  the consistency of Camembert, a little rubbery. 

This long intro was to say that I have Sweet Kenkey last night as a snack, I just cut off small pieces to eat until it is all gone. mmmm good. It was wrapped in leaves (no plastic wrap to recycle), and put in a black plastic bag, everything is put in a black plastic bag to take home.

ALL WRAPPED UP, STILL HOT FROM COOKING



                                                                                    
                                                                                               READY TO ENJOY





No comments:

Post a Comment