Thursday, December 2, 2021

Death Notice

Hannah at graduation from St. Nicholas Seminary in Cape Coast

The Rev. Hannah Dwomah passed away on November 30 after a short illness. Hannah was the first woman ordained in the Diocese of Sunyani leading the way for women. I met Hannah while at St. Stephens Downsview. We again connected in the Diocese of Sunyani when she had returned to Ghana and I was visiting. I had a habit of offering to raise the needed funds for a female student and                  Bishop T.A.Brient was the first to take me up on the offer. I was in Nkoranza for her first mass as celebrant. Unfortunately several years later she had health issues and was on sick leave until her retirement,   May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

                 Hannah giving a blessing



Jannah and myself several years ago


2 comments: