Saturday, January 5, 2019

funeral in Kumasi

Bishop's mother died at the end of October, today was the funeral and interment, up at 330am, cathedral bus at 4, left at 430 and got to  the 6am service as the sermon was finishing in the pre funeral service about 630. It ended after 8am, then breakfast was served and 9am starts the funeral.
It ended before noon, then came lunch, rice and chix for me, Interment for 1pm when the body was taken to her house for the last time and then on to the cemetery, I slept off and on when riding the early am bus, I think I napped during the funeral with my eyes mostly open and napped on the way back tonight, I am tired so more tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. A whole day of celebration and mourning. It reminds me of the talrs my Dad told me of his youth.

    ReplyDelete