Monday, April 6, 2020

So busy, forgot to blog. . Oopsy 7/14

What can I say, it was Palm Sunday, being a priest... busy on this special day when Jesus was celebrated far and wide which caused great nervousness with the powers that be.
 I did remember another Easter week that was unusual.
I was in India, Easter week in 1990. I sat through a series for Holy Week on board benches (really rough on the butt) thinking I needed to suffer to appreciate Easter. My friend Dr Beverley Booth ( a paediatric nephrologist from UCLA ) working at Christian Medical Centre where I was,  we had planned to travel on Good Friday up into the Himalaya Mtns to celebrate Easter. We stayed with theCoordinator  of the Presbyterian missionaries in India, Beverley was working under him.
Easter morning comes and no Eucharist. WHAT says I! He says “you Anglicans and the Eucharist”
Many of the Protestant denominations had joined to form the Church of North India ( cheaper to manage administration) The clergy at this church was presby and he announced there would be Eucharist next Sunday. I was going to be back at CMC so he just shrugged.
 So in my remembering of that Easter this year will join my very unusual Easters
On another topic, I feel well, bored but I got some knitting yesterday so I will plod along while watching CNN for their dissection of the situation in the world.
I pray everyone stays well.

1 comment:

  1. GRT - One of the best 5 star luxury business hotels in Chennai T Nagar located near US Consulate Chennai. Book Online & get Free Wi-Fi and Breakfast. Book Now!

    ReplyDelete