Wednesday, May 8, 2019

A Story, 'ONLY IN GHANA'

'once upon a time' is the familiar open to a fairy tale, this story begins with 'only in Ghana' instead.
I have been withdrawing money on my CIBC visa from Barclays and then coming home and paying the visa off through internet banking. Today I withdraw some money and want to deposit some of it into my Barclay's acct as I have not used it in a while. I get money and then upon inserting my Barclay's card, it says that it has expired and eats my card. So no problem, the bank is open so I enter to speak to the person on the Welcome Desk and tell her my issue, that I need a new card. She politely response with, "come back tomorrow morning" Shocked I say "you are kidding?" no was the answer. I leave the bank as this is sorta weird and unusual to me. I get in the taxi and while telling Adu a staff person from the bank comes over and greets me (he had been talking with Adu). asking me how I am, I say I am annoyed, why he asks and I tell him about my card and that I have to return in the morning to get a new one. He says the networks are not good in the afternoon, 'Somewhat inconvenient' I respond and say they are probably working all day in the Accra (capital of Ghana), anyway, he is sorry and will see me in the morning. he leaves and I say to Adu...only in Ghana and we laugh .

No comments:

Post a Comment